Penny Mickelbury is the author of ten mystery novels in three successful series: The Carol Ann Gibson Mysteries, the Mimi Patterson/Gianna Maglione Mysteries, and the Philip Rodriguez Mysteries. Mickelbury’s short stories have been included in several anthologies and collections, among them Spooks, Spies and Private Eyes: Black Mystery, Crime and Suspense Fiction (Paula Woods, Ed.),The Mysterious Naiad (Grier and Forrest, Ed.), and Shades of Black: Original Mystery Fiction by African-American Writers (Eleanor Taylor Bland, Ed.) The character in the story in this collection, “Murder Then…And Now,” Charles “Boxer” Gordon, so far lives only in short story form, but he’s feeling ready to step out — and into his own novel.
Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail!: Stories of Crime, Love and Rebellion
Editors: Gary Phillips and Andrea Gibbons
Publisher: PM Press
Size: 5.5 x 8
Page count: 360
Subjects: Fiction Anthology
An incendiary mixture of genres and voices, this collection of short stories compiles a unique set of work that revolves around riots, revolts, and revolution. From the turbulent days of unionism in the streets of New York City during the Great Depression to a group of old women who meet at their local café to plan a radical act that will change the world forever, these original and once out-of-print stories capture the various ways people rise up to challenge the status quo and change up the relationships of power. Ideal for any fan of noir, science fiction, and revolution and mayhem, this collection includes works from Sara Paretsky, Paco Ignacio Taibo II, Cory Doctorow, Kim Stanley Robinson, and Summer Brenner.
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! A SF Revu Review
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! in Briarpatch Magazine
- The Revolution Will Be Fictionalized: Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! in Tor
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! on City Book Review
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail!: A Mystery Gazette Review
- Radical Noir: 26 Activist Crime Novels: Revolutionaries, Agitators, and Organizers in Crime Fiction
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail!: A Review
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! in Publishers Weekly