Andrea Gibbons completed her doctorate in Geography at the London School of Economics, and holds a Masters from UCLA in Urban Planning. She is a writer, editor and educator with ten years’ organizing experience in Central and South Central L.A. working on issues of community planning and civic participation, immigration rights, development and regeneration, slum housing and public health. After a year in London’s East End developing a participatory community space in London’s East End, she is currently researching the sharing economy, land rights and sustainability. She sits on the editorial board of the academic journal City: Analysis of Urban Trends, Culture, Theory, Policy, Action, and blogs at popular education website drpop.com as well as for her own site writingcities.com. Her first non-fiction book Land, Privilege, Race: One Hundred Years of Struggle Against Segregation in Los Angeles brings together an analysis of political economy with critical race theory and social movement, and is forthcoming from Verso.
Andrea is also an editor of PM’s Switchblade imprint.
Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail!: Stories of Crime, Love and Rebellion
Editors: Gary Phillips and Andrea Gibbons
Publisher: PM Press
Format: Paperback, ePub, PDF, mobi
Size: 5.5 x 8
Page count: 360
Subjects: Fiction Anthology
An incendiary mixture of genres and voices, this collection of short stories compiles a unique set of work that revolves around riots, revolts, and revolution. From the turbulent days of unionism in the streets of New York City during the Great Depression to a group of old women who meet at their local café to plan a radical act that will change the world forever, these original and once out-of-print stories capture the various ways people rise up to challenge the status quo and change up the relationships of power. Ideal for any fan of noir, science fiction, and revolution and mayhem, this collection includes works from Sara Paretsky, Paco Ignacio Taibo II, Cory Doctorow, Kim Stanley Robinson, and Summer Brenner.
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! A SF Revu Review
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! in Briarpatch Magazine
- The Revolution Will Be Fictionalized: Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! in Tor
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! on City Book Review
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail!: A Mystery Gazette Review
- Radical Noir: 26 Activist Crime Novels: Revolutionaries, Agitators, and Organizers in Crime Fiction
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail!: A Review
- Send My Love and a Molotov Cocktail! in Publishers Weekly