We want to offer you a free e-Book to read while at home taking care of yourself and loved ones. Physical distancing. Social solidarity.
To request your free e-Book:
1) Choose which title you’d like below.
2) Choose which format from our three available: PDF, e-Pub, or mobi*.
3) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preference, and we’ll email it to you.
Click on the covers to see full descriptions.
After you get your e-Book, you’ll be put on our email list to receive special discount offers and news from our authors.
Do you have e-Books that work with *my* Kindle/Nook/iPad?
Yes we do. Look at the formats below to figure out which one you’d like.
Types of e-Book formats available:
- PDF – This is the most common digital format for e-Books, created by Adobe Systems for their Acrobat reader. e-Book readers from Barnes & Noble (Nook), Sony (Reader), and Amazon (Kindle) can read this format natively, BUT, since most PDFs are created to match page size of the print version of a title, the smaller reader screens may not provide the best reading experience. PDF files can be converted to other formats more suitable for these readers.
- MOBI / PRC – This is a standard developed by a company in France for all PDAs (personal digital assistants) and is one of the native formats supported by the Amazon Kindle.
- ePUB – This is based on an open standard and is one of the native formats readable by the Sony reader. The iPad and the Nook can also open ePUB files.
The benefit to ePUB and MOBI/PRC formats is that the page layout, text, and images of the book are scaled appropriately for the size of the reader device, whereas PDF tries to maintain the original layout, which can make the content hard to read.