A Rad Dad Conversation
Rad Dad: Dispatches from the Frontiers of Fatherhood collects the best pieces from Tomas Moniz’s award-winning “Rad Dad” zine and from Jeremy Adam Smith’s blog Daddy Dialectic, two kindred publications explore parenting as political territory.
Join “Rad Dad” co-editor Tomas Moniz in a reading with Artnoose, Ariel Gore, Jillian Lauren, Jerry Stahl,
In town for the LA Zine Fest, long time zinesters Artnoose, celebrating her 100th issue of Ker-bloom, and Tomas Moniz, editor of Rad Dad and other zines, have teamed up with literary superstars Ariel Gore, Jillian Lauren and Jerry Stahl for an evening of storytelling filled with hilarity, hi-jnks and hope.
* Artnoose has released an issue of Ker-bloom every two months for the last 16 years!
* Tomas Moniz edits and writes for Rad Dad, a zine on radical parenting, hosts two literary events in the Bay Area, and performs regularly.
* Ariel Gore is founder of Hip Mama. Her newest work is The People's Apocalypse.
* Jillian Lauren is Los Angeles based writer of Some Girls: My Life in a Harem. Her newest work is Mother Tongue.
* Jerry Stahl is the author of many books including the forthcoming Bad Sex On Speed: A Novel (A Barnacle Book/Rare Bird Books; January 2013) and The Heroin Chronicles (Akashic Books; January 2013)
The event will take place at Stories Books and Café in East Los Angeles (1716 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90026) from 7:30 - 9:00.
It's free to the people.
"If buying a gender-neutral pacifier is the most radical thing you've done as a parent, Rad Dad will nudge you back on track." -- SF Weekly.
“[Rad Dad] is sometimes entertaining, sometimes upsetting, but constantly thought-provoking. It will change the way you look at fatherhood, and change the way you look at fathers as well.”
-- Punk Music Guide
Join us! For more information on Rad Dad click here.
(See event web page)